At Creative Learning we are dedicated to ensuring the health, safety, and welfare of our students. We know it is important to feel confident that your child is in a safe environment. The following measures have been taken to ensure the safety and well-being of our students:
- Employee Criminal Background Check – All employees have passed a Level 2 state and federal background check through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. We are also part of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement notification system and will receive an automatic update if a current staff member is arrested.
- Employment History Check – We conduct an employment history check before employing personnel. This check includes verification that a potential employee did not leave a place of employment due to questionable actions regarding the health, safety, or welfare of a child or special needs adult.
- DOE Employee Screening – We screen potential personnel through two employee screening tools available through the Department of Education. We use both the Professional Practices Database for Disciplinary Action and the Teacher Certification Database.
- DCF Training – All employees have completed training in “Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect” through the Florida Department of Children and Families.
- Code of Ethics – Creative Learning has an established standard of ethical conduct. All staff members have completed our internal ethics training and signed an agreement to uphold The Creative Learning Code of Ethics. Our code of ethics establishes a duty to report, and the procedures for reporting, alleged employee misconduct that affects the health, safety, or welfare of a student. We have also instituted employee liability protections for employees that report suspected misconduct. Employees have immunity from liability if they report suspected misconduct and they have a duty to comply with all child protective investigations. Creative Learning staff members are mandatory reporters of suspected or observed misconduct.
As an institution, it is our policy to prohibit confidentiality agreements for staff that we dismiss/terminate or that resign in lieu of termination for misconduct that affected the health, safety, or welfare of a student. Upon employment, all staff are made aware of, and agreed to this policy.
For information on the policies and procedures for reporting staff misconduct that affects the health, safety, or welfare of a student CLICK HERE.